I consider the options: carry on as normal and risk a herd of cows passing by and potentially pushing me into the loch; park up and wait in the car until they pass by or decide that discretion is the better part of valour and retrace my steps. I decide that the first option is too risky, given that I have encountered these cows before, the second is a long shot because the likelihood is that the cows will wander down to the loch to drink before moving on, and so option three is my choice.
On Sunday I return to the loch, in very poor weather but hope that the waters will be calm. My first thoughts are to work out where the cows are. I spy what I think is a cow at the head of the loch. They haven’t moved far since yesterday. A quick chat with a local confirms my fears that the cows have decided to spend a few days at Kilchrist.
To make matters worse, the misty rain is drifting on a strong wind and making my camera, and me, very wet. I persevere but am not able to take many shots because the rain is heading straight at me. I am disappointed with the weekend’s efforts . . .
Here’s hoping for better weather and that the cows have moved on when I return tomorrow!