Header image taken by Corinna Krause, Sollas Books
I had a short catch-up meeting with the bookbinder who will be making the handmade book of my images, Corinna Krause from Sollas Books on Uist.
My schedule to complete in time to submit on 4 October 2023 is as follows:
- Images selected by the end of March
- Layout of book to be confirmed by the end of April
- Photographic paper chosen by the end of April
- Format of various books/boxes determined by end of April
- Printing of images late May
- Dates of workshops (2 days) 12/18 June or 20/29 June
- Deadline for return or collection of all finished items 1 August (book will be produced and collected in June)
The bookbinder confirmed that:
- A concertina section within the A2 portrait handmade book is possible
- A “twin book” is also possible with a maximum of 48 pages at 170gsm (see images below)
- Images across 2 pages can be incorporated
Corinna suggested that I should start making some mock up books to try different layouts and combinations.
We agreed to arrange a catch-up meeting in January 2023.
My name is Alison Price and for the past ten years I have travelled the world photographing wildlife, including Alaska, Antarctica, Borneo, Botswana, the Canadian Arctic, Kenya, Rwanda, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
I’m looking forward to seeing them, I’m sure they will be wonderful.
I think so. It is an exciting project!