I had a short catch-up meeting with the bookbinder who will be making the handmade book of my images, Corinna Krause from Sollas Books on Uist.
My schedule to complete in time to submit on 4 October 2023 is as follows:
- Images selected by the end of March
- Layout of book to be confirmed by the end of April
- Photographic paper chosen by the end of April
- Format of various books/boxes determined by end of April
- Printing of images late May
- Dates of workshops (2 days) 12/18 June or 20/29 June
- Deadline for return or collection of all finished items 1 August (book will be produced and collected in June)
The bookbinder confirmed that:
- A concertina section within the A2 portrait handmade book is possible
- A “twin book” is also possible with a maximum of 48 pages at 170gsm (see images below)
- Images across 2 pages can be incorporated
Corinna suggested that I should start making some mock up books to try different layouts and combinations.
We agreed to arrange a catch-up meeting in January 2023.